Clay Hand Building In-Studio Class for Adults at Park Slope
In this eight-week class, instructors will guide beginners through exercises in four different hand-building techniques — pinching, coiling, slab-building and carving — before assisting students in developing projects of their own.
Cost: $450 for 8 week class
- Wednesday Evening Session: May 4 – June 22, 2022 | 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm (Instructor Chandelle Carter)
Capacity 14 People
Firing Fees: firing fees will be additional at $.06 per cubic inch. You will be able to pre-pay for firing fees at the studio using our new kiosk system.
At this time, as per NYC Small Business Services, The Painted Pot, as a small private business, has the right to require customers, ages 5 years and older, to show proof of vaccination. Masks are required and you must bring your own mask.
Open Studio Hours
- Members: Monday through Sunday, 24/7/365 Access to studio.
- Students: Monday & Tuesday 12:30pm-3:30pm, Wednesday to Friday 10:00am-3:30pm, Saturday & Sunday 12:30pm-6:30pm
- Students and Members must book and reserve time in order to use the studio.
- Students must be accountable and note the time, start and end dates of their class. Please do not call the studio or email for this information.
Scheduling Open Studio Time
- In addition to your class, you also have access to the studio when classes are not happening. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, you must reserve open studio time in advance using our scheduling system.
- The system will only show you times that are available. Each reservation is 1.5 hours long, but if you want to stay longer, you can book sessions back to back.
- Reservations cannot be made more than 7 days in advance and less than 1 hour in advance.
- You can book up to 10 reservations in a week.
- If you only need to come to the studio to check on work (pick up glazed work, uncover greenware, etc.) please use the "checking-in" link to book a 15 minute reservation.
- All of these links can be found on our website: Click Here
- If you cannot attend your reservation, please cancel your appointment.
- If you don't show for your appointment, you are keeping someone else from using that time slot.
- You should be out the front door (on the street) at your end time. Not cleaning, not dealing with pottery/firing fees, not collecting your personal items. This is a crowding/safety issue.
- You will receive ONE warning for staying past your reservation end time.
- A second infraction will result in the termination of your studio time privileges.
- This is not something we want to do, but we have a schedule for a reason. Staying late is not only a COVID issue, it also causes problems for the person scheduled after you and creates more work for our staff.
- We have added clocks to both walls in the back and encourage you to set a timer on your phone to be sure you clean up and leave on time.
We no longer provide outside firings or walk in services.
Firing fees will be additional at $.06 per cubic inch. Note: You will be able to pay for firing fees at our kiosk in the studio. Students will need to provide their own tools or purchase a tool kit for $18 at our studio.
To request a cancellation of a class and refund, please email: email@example.com. Do not call to request a refund. Refunds must be requested more than 7 days prior to class start date for a full refund minus $25 processing fee. If you cancel your class within 7 days of class start date, a refund of 50% will be available for credit only. When cancelling your class within 7 days of class start, you will have 6 months to redeem your credit which will be in the form of a virtual credit to be given when requested to register. No REFUNDS once the class begins, nor can you transfer to another class or to another semester. We cannot be flexible on our policy and there will be no exceptions.
You will be allowed to make up one missed class by attending a comparable class within the same semester only. Make-ups are available subject to the space in the class you wish to attend. If the class is sold out, you may not make up the class at that time. To make up a class, do not call. Please arrive on time and ask the teacher for permission to join. We do not guarantee make-ups however, they are offered as a courtesy to our students. Please know you are responsible for showing up for class each week.