Join us for an online Classes for Adults via Zoom. Price include clay, tools and choice of glaze color. All materials for the four week session will be available for contactless curbside pick up at our Cobble Hill or Park Slope studios or local delivery for a nominal charge. Delivery will be on the Friday before the class starts only.
All finished projects will need to be returned to our Cobble Hill studio only. We do not provide pick up services for projects in progress.
If you have glazing experience, you will make an appointment to glaze your fired project. If you do not have experience, you will choose your glaze color and we will glaze your fired project for you.
Cost: $130 for 4 week class
Monday Virtual Handbuilding Class with Kate Butler (7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
Join for four weeks of step by step instruction on different hand building techniques with our experienced instructor Kate Butler.
- Monday Virtual Session A: September 14, 21, 28 & October 5
- Monday Virtual Session B: October 19, 26, November 2 & 9
- Monday Virtual Session C: November 16, 30, December 7 & 14
Tuesday Virtual Handbuilding with Lilian Wu Finckel (11:00 AM – 1:00 PM)
In this beginner’s hand-building class, Lilian will demonstrate introductory techniques with an emphasis on form and function. The class will learn the basics of pinching, coils, slabs, attachments, and surface decoration, working towards a final vessel that incorporates these techniques. Students are encouraged to sketch.
- Tuesday Virtual Session A: September 15, 22, 29 & October 6
- Tuesday Virtual Session B: October 13, 20, 27 & November 10
- Tuesday Virtual Session C: November 17, December 2, 8 & 15
Thursday Virtual Intermediate Handbuilding with Eli Janka (7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
Intermediate handbuilders are invited to join Eli Thursday nights for a deep dive into coiling. During these online sessions, Eli will guide students through larger coil-built projects, and will answer all of your questions including form, attachment, timing, moisture management, and clean-up. Classes will be followed-up with robust email dialogue for students looking for additional support. **Must have prior hand building experience to join this class.
- Thursday Virtual Session A: September 10, 17, 24 & October 1
- Thursday Virtual Session B: October 15, 22, 29 & November 5
- Thursday Virtual Session C: November 19, December 3, 10 & 17
Firing Fees: firing fees will be additional at $.06 per cubic inch.
*** Participants should note that Eli is a mother to young children who will be present during each class. ***
|Don’t forget to purchase a high-quality tool kit by clicking here|